Managing an Escort Business can be a lot of work!
You need to dedicate time to admin with a lot of work needing to be done prior to the paid part of the job, actually meeting clients.
These days many Escorts outsource Business related tasks to Digital Agencies, PA services and Escort Agencies. Then there are freelancer sites Fiverr where you can get someone to help with your content creation and graphics but what about if you want to do it all yourself?
When I had my Escort Agency, 90% of my day was Digital Marketing, Brand strategy and SEO with about 2% of my time taking phone calls & managing ladies’ calendars.
These days I spend 80% of my week working on client projects and the rest of the time organising people and doing business-related tasks. There are so many daily, weekly and monthly tasks that are unpaid but need to be done when you are running a business.
Having an escort brand is not only time consuming, but it can also be really confusing at times
You see other escorts succeeding but you may be stuck in a rut & not sure what to do next. Your brain is overflowing with ideas but you aren’t sure how to put them into action or which tools to use to help your ideas come to fruition.
Escort Business Services
Being an ‘adult’ or escort business can be a headache as many online tools and marketing platforms are not available to us. I have worked in Escort Digital Marketing for over 20 years so this list is escort-friendly.
You can spend many hours setting up a website on weebly.com, adding Mailchimp or Paypal only to find soon after all your hours of work amounts to nothing as you are blacklisted for all 3 services, they do not allow adult services to use their services so all your hard work is gone.
It makes you want to curl up & cry.
Over the years I have spent so many unpaid hours reading terms & conditions trying to find solutions that are either adult-friendly or at least don’t kick me or my clients off if they find out their tool is being used for escort promotion.
Your Business Structure
- Structure your business as a business: Getting a good accountant is one of the best things I did when I started in the escort industry in 2000. It takes a lot of stress away knowing that you are safe with the taxman. Whilst cash is lovely having done the right thing by the ATO made it possible for some of my friends to get various government grants during covid lockdowns. I know quite a lot of savvy escorts who have mortgages and a few with investment portfolios and have set themselves up for life.
- Daily Structure: Having a daily structure is my number 1 tool for how to run a successful Adult Industry Business. I have been self-employed for a long time so I know that my daily to-do list and knowing the right tools to run my business play a big part in that structure
My workday is officially 10 am until 6 pm Monday – Friday but I am often at my desk before 10 am to get a head start on the day. I don’t work on the weekends so I can spend time with family. Of course, it’s not always possible but I try my best
- My Google Home is set to wake me at 7.30 am with an alarm then a morning meditation. Next, I make a coffee, check my emails then head off to the gym.
I may seem like a know-it-all but I only know a lot because I spend at least 1hr a day learning, reading and keeping my skills up to date. Digital Marketing is a very fast-paced industry where trends and what works is always changing.
Run your own Race
Stop looking at what others are doing & do things your own way! The grass always looks greener as the saying goes but if you stop looking, the only grass you know about is your own. Compete only with yourself & it will help you significantly.
I have been doing web development, Digital Marketing & SEO within the adult industry for a long time. The path hasn’t been easy or fast & some days it’s still hard as hell. I have made a tonne of mistakes and I have learnt a lot from these mistakes. I am still learning and trying new things that aren’t always successful
It’s worth all the hours and all the headaches as I love what I do. I love helping my clients achieve success and grow their businesses
The same as all businesses, I charge for my services but I also give back by doing blogs where readers can learn from me for free.
Escort and Adult Business Tools
If you prefer to do things yourself, I have curated a list of my favourite tools and resources. Many are free. I hope you find them as helpful as I do
ClientEye App Free Escort Safety App – Helps you weed out timewaster, no shows or worse
Numberbuster Paid App to check phone numbers for scams, fraud, timewasters etc. There are many others that do similar such as Mr Number and True Caller, you can find them all in the app store
Create an Escort Business Website
Yes, you can create a website yourself. It will take you many hours of your time to learn how to create a site but you can do it. I have a section of DIY blogs to help you too 🙂
If you want to save yourself the headache and grey hairs, have your site created and maintained by my business Agency Atlantic Digital. I am a web developer/designer and experienced SEO so your site will not only be on brand, it will be technically correct so that google will rank your website on search engines.
Website Domain & Email
- Namecheap – The Best place to purchase a domain name. Low Pricing, great customer care and free Domain Privacy (so your personal details are not shown online) and Email from $2 a month.
- WindowResizer (google chrome) – Helps you check different screen sizes to test your website design layout.
Website Building Platforms
My preferred platform. WordPress powers over 40% of the internet. The first time you look at WordPress it is overwhelming but the more hours you spend in WordPress the less scary it becomes.
With thousands of themes & plugins whatever you want it is possible!
WordPress is open source which means it’s owned by nobody so it’s good for escorts as nobody can kick you off the platform if they change the terms & conditions.
You will need to buy your own domain name and pay for hosting. Siteground is great for cheap hosting but my preferred hosting is WPEngine as it’s fast, they have great customer service + allow Adult sites including porn.
Very easy to use but I find it’s too limited. I have created sites for clients in Wix at their request. It is a website builder with templates, a drag ‘n’ drop editor + a cute mobile site editor. Wix controls everything so the only thing you own is your content. You must host with wix and pay by the month. If Wix decides to remove you from their platform for breaking their terms and conditions, you will need to rebuild the site. Wix cannot be migrated to another platform, you can only use Wix.
I know some escorts use SquareSpace. It’s very easy to use but once again the platform is owned by a company that controls the site and the hosting. So you can be removed if they wish. Similar to Wix, easy to use with gorgeous ready-to-use designs (pick a template, drop & drag – Simple). Pay by the month, hosted & controlled by Squarespace. The one thing SS has over Wix is that you can migrate from SS to WordPress without needing to rebuild everything. It’s not a perfect migration but it saves hours of work.
If you are going to use WordPress and you want an all-inclusive, easy-to-use service Siteground is an excellent choice. They have fast servers and a lot of great freebies which save you money such as Free Email, CDN, SSL and their own caching plugin.
WPEngine is the hosting partner of my Digital Agency, Atlantic Digital. WPEngine has the best customer service I have encountered with hosting that allows escorts and porn too. Their hosting is top-notch as well and includes fast hosting, SSL, CDN etc they do not have email but you can use Protonmail or Gsuite for a few dollars per month.
WordPress Themes and Plugins
- StudioPress Theme with a lot of great features with the Pro Version
- Elementor – The best drop & drag page WordPress page builder, the pro version has a theme builder so you don’t need a theme and for $49 a year it’s amazing!
- Fluent Forms My favourite form builder. Very lightweight and the pro version has some of the best form options and integrations I have seen. The team at WP Manage Ninja have developed a few really great tools and has excellent customer service.
- Amelia Bookings Plugin – The best bookings plugin I have used. Set up your schedule & allow clients to book in times for you to approve. Send automated emails, take payments and much more.
- WPRocket Speed up your WordPress website with this awesome plugin. In my opinion the best WordPress caching plugin on the market.
- Yoast – The most popular SEO plugin and the free version is all you need to get started with SEO.
There are plenty of great SEO tools online. I mess about with lots of them as the more tools you use the more data you can collect 🙂 Some of the other SEO tools I use are:
- SEranking I recommend this easy-to-use tool to clients as it is great value for money with enough features to get you going. Excellent SERP reports including the ability to monitor SERP features. The website audit tool is easy to follow plus you can add keywords directly from Google Search Console
- SemRush – My Favourite SEO Tool – 7-day free trial
- Pingdom – check your website speed
- Gtmetrix.com – Website speed & Performance Optimisation
- SEO Site Checkup
- SimilarWeb – check the web stats of any website
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Google has lots of tools to help you with your site and SEO
- Google Alerts – Monitor the web for new content
- Google Analytics – Every website should have Google Analytics so you can check your website traffic
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google Optimize
- Google Pagespeed Insights
Design Pretty Things
- Canva – A great tool to make fast graphics for social media. The free version is excellent but I have the paid version as it has extra features that are worth the extra $s for my business.
- Creative Market – Design Marketplace where you can buy fonts, graphics, logos and so much more
There are thousands of design resources available for anyone to access I have used various but I personally love Canva and get all my clients on it too. It’s so simple to use, I do Canva Graphics on my phone in the ads if I am watching TV lol
Free Fonts and Typography
With so many free fonts available at the click of a button, you can have ultimate flexibility in your designs.
- Google Fonts – Open source designer web fonts.
Photo Editing Software
Before uploading images to your website you need to optimise them. I use photoshop but these sites are handy tools that will help you save on Website hosting bandwidth, speed and storage
Social Media Marketing Tools
I don’t enjoy social media but I need it to promote my various online businesses. Steph does my social media captions, I do the graphics and we schedule them using Publer.
Publer allows me and my team to schedule posts for my businesses and for our clients. We can schedule Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. We have our clients set up as teams so that they can approve their business posts.
- Bitly – Create, share, and track shortened or custom links.
- SocialRank – Find and analyze your followers on Twitter and Instagram.
- milkshake.app – Makes cute Instagram websites (much nicer than a regular link)
- linktr.ee – put all your links for socials and website in 1 place
Speak to your clients
You can speak to clients with these tools added to your website
- Replain.cc This is the one I use – Links my website and Facebook to my WhatsApp. Lots of great features
- Tawk.to – Free messaging app that lets you monitor and chat with visitors on your website.
Surveys are a great idea if you are stuck and need answers. Collect real-time feedback, demographic information and customer satisfaction
- Google Forms – Create online forms and surveys for free.
- Survey Monkey – Online surveys and questionnaires.
- Twitter Polls
- Copyscape – Plagiarism checker that searches for duplicates of your content.
- Grammarly – Improve grammar, word choice, and sentence structure in your writing. It’s free!
Be More Productive
Manage yourself with a to-do-list
- NiftyPM – I use this for myself and my team
- ToDoist – Great tool for personal use – get 2 months free using my link
Useful Little Helpers
- 1Password & LastPass Save your passwords & Logins
- Unroll.me Keeps a list of all your subscription emails so you can unsubscribe easily
- Google Keep
File Sharing and Storage
- Dropbox – File sharing with up to 2GB of free storage. I use dropbox to store and share photos with clients
- Google Drive – Google cloud storage. I use the spreadsheets & documents in google drive to store & share data with clients. The first 15GB of storage is free.
- Skillshare – Use my link to get 1 month Free of SkillShare Course
I hope you have found some of the tools in this blog helpful to help you enhance and elevate your escort business in 2022