I am lucky to live in Sydney, Australia where sex work is decriminalised. In Australia, escort safety and screening procedures vary from state to state and escort to escort and in many states, we have legal brothels so safety is pretty good. Whilst privates and agencies all have different screening and comfort levels, USA Escort Safety is a much more serious issueSarah
USA Escorts are not lucky like us here in Australia. USA based escorts need to take a lot of precautions to ensure their personal safety. Not only do they need to worry about dodgy punters, but they also need to keep safe from Law Enforcement too! It’s truly unfair but the laws, no matter how silly, are still the laws 🙁
On Friday I noticed a tweet by Felicity Harte (@FelicityHarte) sharing some excellent USA Escort Safety Tips.
I asked her if she minded me share them and luckily Felicity agreed 🙂 I have transcribed Felicities tweets
Felicity’s USA Escort Safety Tips:
- Always check a man’s references. No references – No GO
His first time, then you go real world information. His work and drivers licence. No questions asked
- Some people love incalls or outcalls. If you have the luxury of letting someone know where you are – check-in and out
- If operating an incall at a hotel or location. Have a trusted friend with your schedule call the room to check-in and out. It’s an old agency trick
- If operating out of your own private incall. Bring your dog. Trust me it does help to establish boundaries
- Require Deposits. Axe murderers will be turned off by this and don’t like to have a paper trail
- Carry pepper spray and train in some form of self defence. It saved my life at a time and I’m sure it will help you in any situation
- If travelling to an outcall. Google Map the location and address before you go. If it seems sketchy it is sketchy. Travel with a friend in the car or a trusted driver. Have them sit in the back seat
- Realise you are not a one-stop-shop. If they are an ass, bye bye bye! Drop the cash and go. It is not worth your troubles
- Have a phone conversation beforehand. You can tell quite a bit from a conversation. Request a selfie prior to the meeting. So you can know who is who!
- If they won’t screen and are willing to just meet for coffee ahead of time to ‘test waster’ Do no fall for this BS!! You need to know who you are meeting at all times at any time. Enforcement services are starting to do that.
- Throw a GPS locater on your keys or purse
- When picking a spot to host or go to. Look at all the hotel listings and pick from the Top 10. I have never been disappointed doing it that way
- Use the resources provided to us. @SafeOffice @Verifyhim @Preferred411
- Have your VPN on at all times for communication and posting. Even video chats keep that on
- When posting pictures or outings always do that after you have left the venue. However, more important screenshot that same pic before posting with your VPN
- Do not post anything identifying your locations. Whatsoever
- If a girl gives you tidbits of advice on a client to see or not to see. Shut up and keep that between you two. You do not share that with a client as that puts the provider in unknown danger
Be Safe Everyone!
There were some excellent informative tweets added to Felicity’s Twitter feed by other USA based sex workers too on USA Escort Safety. You can check those out on Twitter @FelicityHarte